Monday, November 03, 2008

Obama President?

The Americans are electing a new president and what an exciting chance they've got this time. One one hand they have Barack Obama which I really like for being intelligent and keeping genuine ( and what a rare quality this is in the ego land of politics), on the other hand Sarah Palin, the American chavette. What's it going to be ? Like John McCain just said - he can't understand how come Obama is not leading with 20% already.
We know what you mean John, we can't understand either.
Back to knitting. Finished the Japanese butterfly.




and I'm well into my next 'Normal and please keep me warm sweater'. Pictures soon.
I have a few other projects is mind - just bought some blue angora and some Cocoon yarn (bargains) from Coldspring Mill. I should visit more often.
Trying to catch up with life facts:
- we are decorating a few rooms in order to repair the floods damages. Chaos everywhere.
- I've got a new project at work which is very interesting but requires working at their place and not at home (9 to 5 and I hate it, but at least I don't have to contemplate the disaster at home)
- I've sent my daughter to University and her independence is scary, to say the least.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sweater!

Anonymous said...

Gosh that sweater is beautiful. I may have to learn to use Japanese patterns.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful job you did on this sweater, absolutely stunning!

barbara

Anonymous said...

Well, yes, he is intelligent and full of promises. He knew what people want to hear, over and over again. I wish I could be more optimistic, but he must prove me that I'm wrong.