Thursday, February 01, 2007

Japanese knitting books

This is a list of Japanese knitting books I've recently ordered from Amazon Japan. I will have them delivered in about 4 weeks time hopefully. It was far cheaper then buying from ebay.
Unless you can speak the Japanese language, finding the knitting books on Amazon Japan website is not an easy task.
I started searching for the 'New style of Heirloom Knitting', which is somehow a famous book, as it has an entire knitalong built around it, then I just did a lot of browsing in the 'related items' section.

In order to place an order with Amazon Japan, you need a new account with them. None of the other Amazon accounts are valid.
PM me for instructions if you want to learn from my experience :).


Click on the images bellow as some of the books are browsable and you'll be able to see a few pages.

New Style of Heirloom Knitting - the famous Am Kamin sweater book




Guernsey and Aran Sweaters



Aran patterns



Knitting Patterns Book 250 - great patterns, do not miss it.



Fair Isle Knitting - just charts.



Fair Isle, Nordic and Lopi Sweaters



These are a few other knitting books which I might order sometime in the future.

300 Knitting Patterns



Knitting Accessories



Knitting Elegance - another great book - not to be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo again Sylvia. Just wanted to tell you that you have been tagged. It'a just a little game, details on my blog.
Rita.
http://clearblogs.com/needlesandbrushes/

Anonymous said...

Hello Sylvia,
Found your blog while googling. I am learning to knit lace and was again googling for sources when I found a picture from a Japanese knitting book and fell in love with the pattern. I presume you read Japanese and wondering if you would agree to look at the picture to help me find the book. Just a couple Japanese texts. Would very much appreciate your help. Pelin Tezer ( pelintezer at gmail dot com ) www.pelintezer.com