Monday, November 12, 2007

Weekends and flu

Two weekends to report and a case of bad flu in between. I feel much better now, but still very tired.
Needless to say I didn't achieve much - only finished the body parts for Martha. Sleeves are quite short - I should have them done hopefully by the end of this week.

This is the previous weekend - took an easy walk in Hardcastle Crags forest - as my flu had already started to kick in.



Hardcastle Crags is famous for the bluebells in the spring, but we went on a different quest all together.


This huge nest, which is built out of pine needles, belongs to the rare species of Northern hairy wood ants - and it's half of million of them living in one single nest. Did you think you live in a small apartment ? Think again.
I will skip the week report as I've got nothing to report apart from stuffing myself with tons of aspirins and paracetamols.
I felt better by Saturday, so we went out for a meal in Pack Horse Inn. Windy and cold and miserable weather. The small white house on top of the hill, in the middle of nowhere - that's the inn.



The meals are nice and reasonable priced. Best Yorkshire kidney pie.



And lamb ribs. On my wishing list for the next time.


No comments: